Whose in danger of slipping and falling?
Will really, any of us are. No one is stable.
If we thinks we can stay upright in our stand
If we feel sure that our mind is steadfast and we’re firm in our position
Watch out be cautious that we don’t fall into sin
For no temptation and no trial where we’re enticed to sin
no matter how it comes or where it leads has overtaken and got a grip on us
that is unusual to all of us.
We’re vulnerable but we can resist, we can adjust and we can adapt
We can bear up. We don’t have to fall
God is faithful to His Word and God is supernaturally compassionate to us
He can be trusted. We can depend on Him to deliver us
God will not allow us to be tempted and tried beyond our ability and strength
God will allocate to us the power to resist and the grace to endure,
God always provides the way out. There’s always a means of escape
God gives us the capabilities and strength and powerful to endure it patiently.
1 Corinthians 10:12-13 paraphrased
Why do we fall? We fall, because we want to.
But doesn’t it say in Rom 1 that God gave them up,
and then a second time God gave them up
and then finally God gave them over?
God put them in slippery places:
God throws them down into destruction.
So is it God’s fault when we slip and fall?
No, what happens is God’s reaching out in multiple ways to hold us up
and we slap his hand away.
There’s a 14 step process to falling explained in Rom. 1
SELF EXALTING BELIEFS V.21-24
1. DENY GODS AUTHORITY V.21 (INDIFFERENCE)
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God,
Because when they recognized Him as God they refused to honor Him
2. DENOUNCE GOD’S AMIABILITY (INGRATITUDE)
neither were thankful
They refused to be grateful.
Every breath we breath we should thank God for it.
Every pump of our heart we should appreciate
We’re obligated to respect and thank God for every moment of our existence
3. DESTROY YOUR ACCURACY (IGNORANCE)
but became vain in their imaginations
When we refuse to be gratified for all we’ve been given we slip into resentment
Before we know it we’re blaming God for everything we don’t like
We become bitter, antagonistic and indignant toward God
4. DISCONNECT YOUR AFFECTIONS (INSENSITIVITY)
and their foolish heart was darkened.
We become futile and refuse to allow God in our thinking [with vain
Our imagination get warped
Our reasoning is now empty.
Our speculations become ridiculous and senselessly fogged up into a shady existence
Romans 1:21 paraphrased
5. DISTORT YOUR ABILITY V.22 (INADEQUACY)
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools
We present ourselves as intelligent
We Claim we’re wise, but we’re fools and block headed nitwits
Romans 1:22 paraphrased
6. DISTRACT YOUR ADORATION V.23 (IDOLATRY)
We pretend to know it all, but were illiterate regarding life.
We’ve traded God’s beautiful creativity for cheap replacements
We’ve rejected the fact that God holds the whole world in his hands
We think animals are more important then God
We think birds are more important then God
We think insects and creeping things are more important then God
Romans 1:23 paraphrased
7. DEMORALIZE YOUR APPETITE V.24 (IMMORALITY)
God then gives us to hearts full of desire for sexual impurity,
We dishonor our design as we’re abandoned sins degrading power
So God says,
“If that’s what you want, that’s what you get.” If you want to live smeared with filth,
If you want to be yucky inside and out.
That’s the trade off rejecting the true God for a fake god,
That’s the consequences of adoring a false god in place of the God our designer
If we refuse to bless God
The God refuses to bless us.
SELF DEGRADING BEHAVIOR V.25-27
8. DUPLICATE HIS AUTHENTICITY V.25 (IMPERSONATION)
We exchange the truth of God for a lie of man
We worship creatures rather rather than our Creator
We become slaves to fakes and pretensions
Romans 1:25 paraphrased
9. DEVIANT ALTERNATIVES V.26-27 (INDECENCY)
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections & in natural stuff:
which is the consequences
This devolves into God abandoning us twisted affections and degrading passions.
Now we’re trading God’s natural function for unnatural, abnormal ones
We become deviant and aberrant
natural relations are all cross wired. It results in a shock initially.
The we are on fire and consumed with disgusting lust for committing shameful acts
Our bodies and personalities become warped. That’s the inevitable consequences
We’re astray in behavior that’s abhorrent and repulsive
Romans 1:26-27 paraphrased
SELF DESTRUCTIVE BONDAGE V.28-32
10. DISREGARD GOD’S AGENDA V.28 (INSOLENCE)
We push God away more and more. God has now become redefined into what He isn’t.
11. DISCARD YOUR APTITUDE (INSATIABLE)
God gave them over to a reprobate mind
12. DEPRAVE YOUR ACTIONS (INCORRIGIBLE)
to do those things which are not convenient
Now we have a pattern of loathsome activities
We do disgusting things
We do distasteful things
We do detestable things
13. DEGENERATE YOUR ATTRACTIVENESS (INFECTION) V.29-31
Being filled with all
THIS AFFECTS OUR CHARACTER
Here we have a list of flaws which result from alienation away from God
1.Unrighteousness is injustice. This is being bias, unfair and prejudicial.
2. wickedness is being evil in our actions. It’s being nefarious and corrupt
3. covetousness is greed with this incessant desire for more.
This is discontent
This is dissatisfaction
This is always being disgruntled, dissatisfied and displeased
4. maliciousness the desire to harm others; being venomous with hate
Being spiteful, nasty and mean
5. full of envy wanting what others have had holding a grudge against them
6. proud being haughty, arrogant, disdainful, gloating egotistically
THIS AFFECTS OUR CONDUCT
7. fornication sexual immorality, adultery, and other forms of illicit sex, infidelity
8. murder destroying others character, ruining others livelihood
9. malignity being cruel, spiteful and poisonous, being hostile and vicious
THIS AFFECTS OUR CONVERSATION
10. debate given to wrangling, quarreling, contentiousness. A controversial contrarian
11. deceit full of trickery, treachery, intrigue, deceptive, dishonest
12. whisperers, gossips, busy bodies full of bad reports & dirt on others
13. Backbiters slanderers, those who bad-mouth others, defamers who vilify
14. Despiteful full of ill-will, spite, hostility, acridly bitter, vindictive, venomous & vicious
15. Boasters braggarts, self-paraders, blow heart braggarts and self promoters
THIS AFFECTS OUR CONCEPTS
16. haters of God hostile opposition against God. They despise and loathe God
17. inventors of evil things devisers of hurtful destructive new forms of perversions
18. without understanding lacking discernment and without any self awareness
THIS AFFECTS OUR COMPANIONSHIPS
19. disobedient to parents rebellious to all authority and blames parents for everything & They avoid their parents and ditch them
20. covenant breakers untrustworthy, promises breaker, incapable of agreements Contractually unstable & never sacrificial but just self centered
21. without natural affection not able to have a relationship inventing ways to wreck lives
22. implacable unforgiving, irreconcilable, inflexible, unbending, unappeasable
23. unmerciful violent, despiteful, insulting, unloving, cruel, vindictive, without pity
14. DECRY GOD’S ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY (IMPERTINENCE) V.32
They know they’re dead to God.
They don’t care
They’re spitting in God’s face.
Everything is upside down.
They celebrate and reward those who pervert and twist God’s design and purposes
but have pleasure in them that do them.
They approve, applaud and appreciate total disgusting dysfunction